|“Ruth Margraff is a playwright, performer, lyricist and a powerful voice in contemporary American theatre”
~The Telegraph (Calcutta INDIA) ~
“Ruth Margraff is a performance artist who looks like Shirley Temple, sounds like Marilyn Monroe and has the mentality of Thomas Merton eating alive William S. Burroughs. She's got a savage imagination and a very sweet affect.”
“ Ruth Margraff is a vital voice in shaping the future of American theatre… a warrior writer riding the vanguard of New Wave opera, pushing the boundaries of the stage...She travels everywhere, like an electrifying idea.
• CAFÉ ANTARSIA ENSEMBLE touring to Cairo & Alexandria (EGYPT), Sibiu & Cluj-Napoca (ROMANIA), Prague (CZECH REPUBLIC), London (UK), Amsterdam (NL), Chicago, NYC, Austin and Rochester, Ithaca, Lodi Gypsy Festival (NY), etc.
• SEVEN introduced by Hillary Clinton and Tina Brown with Meryl Streep at Hudson Theater (NYC), touring all over SWEDEN and to Forum for Women on the Economy and Society (Deauville, FRANCE); London Royal Aeronautical Society (UK); NYU Skirball Theater, Culture Project, 92nd Street Y, Diane von Furstenberg’s Studio (NY); Harmon Center for the Arts/Vital Voices (Wash DC); Aspen Ideas Festival (Colorado); Los Angeles; published by Dramatists Play Service Fall 2009 www.sevenplay.org
• HARLEQUIN readings at New Group (NYC) dir. Lisa Peterson; Victory Gardens, Chicago Draamtists dir. Lisa Portes (Chicago) dir. Loy Arcenas, commissioned by Playwrights Center/2007 McKnight National Commission & Residency (Minneapolis); 2006 Hedgebrook/Herb Alpert award artist residency (Washington)
•STADIUM DEVILDARE: BATTLE FOR GDZILLA X February 15 - March 23, 2008 at Theatre of Note (Hollywood/Los Angeles); excerpt "Night Parachute Battalion" May 1-4, 2008 at Sanctuary's Sweet Cantatas Festival (Brattleboro, VT) and Jan 10-14, 2005 Actors' Theater of Louisville (Kentucky)
• DRAGON vs. EAGLE Apollo Theater concert reading w/composer Fred Ho Jun 15-16, 2007 and Brooklyn Academy of Music workshop Jan 2008 (NYC)
• WELLSPRING at Laguardia Performing Arts Center Oct 2-9 and the Chocolate Factory Dec 13-15, 2007 with Hourglass Group, Ltd. (NYC)
• Fulbright: New Opera fellowship for Thessaloniki, Athens, Paros and Crete March-June 2006 (GREECE)